by Louis Gervais / In Recipes
The colour of sunshine, a refreshing blend of sweet and tart– lemon just may be the perfect summer dessert.
Chef Louis’ lemon curd recipe is a versatile dessert that has many different uses; filling for a sweet dough tartlet, served over fresh berries or with a berry shortcake as a nice alternative to whipping cream.
Chef Louis’ Lemon Curd Recipe
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zested
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut in small cubes
- In a double boiler over medium-high heat combine egg yolks and sugar
- Whisk vigorously for 1 minute
- Add lemon juice and zest
- Whisk vigorously for additional 1 minute
- Lower heat to low and stir constantly until mixture thickens
*do not let mixture get too hot or eggs will scramble
- Once thickened remove from heat and allow to cool
- Lemon curd may be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days
Interested in learning more recipes, kitchen tricks and techniques?
Check out our summer schedule of Culinary Classes.
This lemon curd recipe is just one of the wonderful recipes you will prepare at our Urban Influences cooking class.