Vancouver has no shortage of parks, galleries and banquet halls; gorgeous event venues for hosting corporate and private events. A simple google search will reward you with no less than a dozen commonly used spaces. But you are not common and neither should your event be.
Whether you are hosting a business sales event or celebrating your nuptials with friends and family the venue you choose should celebrate your uniqueness.
We asked our Event & Sales Manager Heather Wright for her suggestions on ‘Hidden Gem’ venues–stunning locations that have flown below the radar. Below are Heather’s Top 5 picks of lesser known Vancouver wedding venues and other event venues known venues:
1. St. Francis in the Woods – Nestled deep in Caulfield Cove, past the windy roads and postcard perfect homes of West Vancouver, you’ll find a quaint little church and banquet hall. Perched next to a small inlet and around the bend from Lighthouse Park, St. Francis in the Woods boasts an adorable heritage church, outdoor space, and fully stocked kitchen and banquet facility for an intimate, West Coast wedding.
2. Vancouver Lookout – This venue offers a unique space with fantastic views. Conveniently located downtown the Vancouver Lookout is an ideal location for corporate events with a smaller space for intimate receptions and private meetings. It also hosts a larger space perfect for networking functions, class reunions or modern weddings. We also have to note that Heather is dying to do food stations at 430 ft!
3. Creekside Community Center – A legacy of the 2010 Olympic Games Creekside Community Center is a new venue quickly garnering attention. A beautiful space that is ‘totally WestCoast‘ the Community Center offers amazing views and neutral, flexible spaces at budget–friendly, affordable rates.
4. Pipeshop – This amazing heritage space, at the Ship Yards by Lonsdale Quay, boasts some beautiful architectural features, including vaulted ceilings, exposed wood beams, and floor to ceiling windows completely surrounding the space. The industrial warehouse has been restored from it’s original 1940’s form and can host up to 400 people for any style of event. It is definitely worth a visit and you can check it out during the Friday Night Market at the Ship Yards!
5. Louis Gervais Bistro – Ok, so maybe this is a tad biased but come down to the Bistro and you might be surprised. By night the modern bistro becomes a unique and flexible venue ideal for cocktail receptions and intimate dinners. Throw open the garage doors to expose the colourful studio kitchen and add an element of entertainment, taking your social event to the next level.
These are just a few of the many, many venues Heather and the team at Louis Gervais Fine Foods has catered events in. For a full list of wedding venues and other event venues, we recommend you can visit our Catering webpage.
Do you have a favourite venue or space? We would love to hear about it!
Book Your Event Now
To find out more about our stunning North Vancouver event venue or to book your catered event, Contact Us at 604-904-7720. You may also fill out the online booking form below and we will get back to you shortly.
[contact-form-7 id=”8824″ title=”Book Your Event now”]
Tags: British Columbia, catering, Corporate Event, Event, event planning, Location, Meeting Space, north vancouver, Private Event, Reception, Top 5 Venues, vancouver, Venue, wedding, West Vancouver, Westcoast