by Louis Gervais / In Recipes
Perfect for company barbecues, family picnics and a great idea for a backyard wedding this easy recipe is sure to impress… Who doesn’t love popcorn? It is so simple and yet there are so many creative seasonings and flavours you can play with to spice things up! Our smoked paprika popcorn is always a favourite at receptions and events.
Smoked Paprika Popcorn Recipe
- popping corn
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- course ground sea salt
- *note there is no preset measurements.
- You can make as much or as little as you want!
*make sure to use a pot with a sturdy handle and tight fitting lid, and one big enough to accommodate the popped corn!
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pot over high heat, pour enough oil to liberally cover the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in enough popcorn kernels to barely cover the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle with course sea salt.
- Cover with lid.
- Move the pot back and forth over the element constantly so the kernels don’t burn.
- Continue until all popcorn is popped.
- Remove from heat, take off lid and dump the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle generously with smoked paprika and toss until popcorn is well coated in spice, adding more as needed.
*again, you can put as much or as little as you want!
While most folks will enjoy this by the handful we like to present the popcorn in individual small paper cones. This is an easy way to give everyone their own popcorn in a neat little package.
Try these other gourmet popcorn flavour combos too:
- Truffle Oil & Cracked Black Pepper
- Parmesan & Lemon Pepper
- Cumin & Sea Salt
Do you have a favourite popcorn recipe?