Check out these 5 rehearsal dinner ideas sure to impress your guests. We at Louis Gervais Fine Foods & Catering thrive on finding new and exciting ways for our clients to enjoy delicious food in style. Here are Louis Gervais Fine Foods & Catering’s top 5 rehearsal dinner ideas – perfect for the day before the big day!
- The Cookout! – If you are having a summer wedding then this is the perfect choice for you. One of the best things about living in beautiful British Columbia is the stunning outdoors. Louis has created three sizzling BBQ Packages that would be perfect for entertaining groups of all sizes in a garden, park or on a patio this low maintenance option requires very little preparation yet it’s always a crowd pleaser. In addition, the casual cookout is a great way to relax and let your hair down before the wedding reception. https://www.louisgervaiscatering.com/menus/bbq/
- Cocktail Party – If you are looking for an alternative to a formal sit-down rehearsal dinner that’s easy and casual, we suggest hosting a cocktail party for friends and family. A cocktail party encourages guests to circulate and mingle and the wedding reception will be more fun if your family and close friends have already met before the big day. An assortment of canapés passed by our friendly and profession catering servers or a number of themed food stations are both great options. Check out Chef Louis’ selection of canapés and see which ones make your mouth water! https://www.louisgervaiscatering.com/menus/cocktail/
- Clambake – One of the best things about living on the West coast is the abundance of fresh seafood. Why not treat your guests to an assortment of crab legs, prawns, mussels, clams with grilled mixed veggies, corn and the cob and melted garlic butter. Serve it family-style to create a sense of community and encourage interaction among your guests. It’s a “let your hair down & roll up your sleeves” kind of dinner, but what a fantastic way to spend the night before your wedding day. Both fun and delicious!
- Brunch & Mimosas – Are you exhausted just thinking about planning a big dinner the night before the wedding? How about a late morning brunch instead? Everyone loves breakfast and there are huge benefits to hosting your rehearsal event during the day. It frees up your evening and makes sure you can get tucked into bed early. What’s more important than beauty sleep the night before the wedding? Chef Louis suggests traditional eggs bennies with a homemade hollandaise sauce, roasted herbed potatoes and a mimosa to start the day off right. Bartender, may I have another?
- The Dessert Party – Now, if you choose this option, you may want to warn you guests that dinner will not be on the menu. Otherwise, they may get hopped up on sugar and dance the night away instead of rehearsing the wedding. Nevertheless, a dessert party offers endless creativity and is much less expensive than hosting a dinner. We suggest an assortment of bite-sized sweets sprinkled and iced with your wedding colors and a signature cocktail and specialty coffee drink to conclude your night.