We are looking for an event chef to oversee, menu prep and production at venues throughout Vancouver. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to expand their culinary skills and grow with the company. Our ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with high standards and an eye for detail. The successful candidate enjoys a flexible schedule and working in a diverse and high energy environment .
- Prepare a wide variety of custom menus for catered events.
- Train and supervise cooks in menu preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation ensuring standards are developed and maintained.
- Oversee daily operations and production when Chef is absent.
- Lead culinary teams at catered events with 10 to 200 guests.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Necessary skills and attributes
- Professional culinary training certificate or designation is an asset, but the ability to lead a team and problem-solve at events is essential.
- Kitchen management experience in a fast paced restaurant or catering environment.
- Detail focused with high standards.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Salary: $50,00.00-$59,000.00 per year
We are also are hiring:
- Catering event leaders
- Catering on-call Servers & Bartenders
- On-site cooks and chefs for catered events
- Prep cooks
Catering events provides opportunities to work in diverse environments throughout Greater Vancouver.
Ideal candidates have at least one year experience working in a busy restaurant or catering company.
Compensation at events: $20 – $30 per hour plus approximately $15 per hour in gratuities
Send us your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all interest and will contact those candidates with the desired experience for an interview.